TopicHow to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6177? | +1-888-660-0607
Getting any software error could be quite frustrating for you. While using QuickBooks accounting software, you may face some error. This content will talk about the topic QuickBooks error 6177. The specific error probably occurs when you try to access the company file. It took place when the file is placed on a server PC and you are attempting to access the file locally.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Error 6177 0
Here are some of the reasons that are responsible for the software error:
- Virus or malware threats.
- The file path or the file is corrupted.
- QuickBooks related system support files might get deleted accidently.
- Corrupted download or incomplete installation of the accounting software.
Solutions to Get Rid of QuickBooks error code 6177
Finally, you need to focus on these solutions so that you can enjoy uninterrupted software services. Fix QuickBooks error -6177 with the help of these solutions:
Soluton1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
Confirm that QuickBooks is updated.
Solution 2: File Location Update
- First, open the ‘Windows Start menu’ on your server PC or workstation.
- Now, type ‘file explorer’ into the search
- Once done, open ‘File Explorer’.
- Look for and open QuickBooks folder. You can also hit ‘F2’.
- Next, search for your company file, which ends with ‘QBW’.
- Moving ahead, type the ‘drive name’ as well as location. You can put the file back later on.
- Finally, you are supposed to move company file from this folder to ‘C: drive’. Simply, move the file, not the complete folder.
Design a Portable Company File
- Firstly, open ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ on your PC where you have migrated your company file.
- Now, move further and choose ‘open’ option or restore an existing company.
- The next step is to browse for and then open the company file that is moved to ‘C: drive’ location.
- Thereafter, you will be creating a ‘portable company file’.
- Next, choose the ‘file menu’ and select ‘quit QuickBooks’. And, reopen QuickBooks.
- You are required to go to the ‘File menu’ option and then choose ‘open or restore company’.
- After this, choose ‘restore a portable file’ and then select ‘next’.
- Your job is to find and choose the portable company file that you created earlier. And, choose ‘open’ and ‘next’ option.
- Choose the drive you primarily moved your ‘company file’ from.
- Just choose ‘Save’.
- Finally, choose the file menu and select ‘Quit QuickBooks’.
Last but not least, you must have got a clear idea to resolve QuickBooks error 6177 with the help of the blog. Also, you can get connected with the software experts and get the needed software support.
If you are facing issues in fixing QuickBooks error 6177, then dial QuickBooks Premier Support Number +1-888-660-0607.