TopicHow to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1712 (Installation Error)
Stumbled upon QuickBooks error 1712 and unable to decide what to do? Well, need not to worry, as we have come up with this post, where we will be discussing in detail the entire process to fix the QuickBooks error code 1712. This error is seen when the operating system is damaged or due to some system file corruption of windows or corrupt and damaged Microsoft components used by QuickBooks. For further information, make sure to read the post till the end.
You may also like: How to fix QuickBooks Error code 6177?
You may encounter the following error when installing QuickBooks Desktop for Windows.
We're sorry! Something went wrong with your installation.
Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.
Or give us a call directly at our toll-free customer support number, and our team will ensure to assist you instantly. We are a team of experts and certified QuickBooks professionals, who work round the clock and provide the best possible support services.
Factors triggering the QuickBooks error code 1712
The user can encounter such an error due to the following factors:
- The user tries toinstall QuickBooks desktop in an encrypted or corrupted folder
- Overlapping installation of the latest QuickBooks without uninstalling the older version
- Registry error or corruption
- An attack by malware or a malicious program that affect system files related to the software
- The error can also be seen after installation or uninstallation of any program
How to Fix Error 1712 when installing QuickBooks for Desktop?
In order to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 1712 you can follow the below given steps:
Method 1: Using QuickBooks install diagnostic tool to fix the error
The user can fix the QuickBooks error 1712 by using the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool with the help of the steps below:
- At first, the user needs to move to the official website of Intuit
- And then, download the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Also, install the tool on the device
- The next step is to close all the system applications and the background application to run the QuickBooks diagnostic tool
- After that open the QuickBooks diagnostic tool
- Followed by, finding the option labelled as I am having problemsinstalling QuickBooks
- Once done with that select ok tab
- And lastly, restart the system or laptop to ensure that changes are made correctly
Method 2: Run the Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Close your QuickBooks desktop
- After that download the QuickBooks tool hub and save it to your system
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install finishes, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, select Program Problems.
- Select Quick Fix my Program.
- Retry installing QuickBooks.
By now, you might be well versed with the QuickBooks error code 1712 and its fixes. However, if you face any difficulty in fixing the error, or in case of any query, feel free to call us at 1-800-761-1787. Our QuickBooks error supportteam of experts will ensure to assist you and fix the error on your behalf.