TopicHow to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Multi-User Mode Issues?
QuickBooks multi user mode is an inbuilt feature in QuickBooks that permits multiple users to work on the same company file at the same time. It helps in increasing collaboration and enhance productivity. The issue with QuickBooks multiple user mode arises when the user is trying to launch the company file which has been located on another system.
In case you are also receiving the multi-user issues on QuickBooks desktop, then continue reading this post. Or you can also get in touch with our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team and ask them to fix the issue immediately.
Related article: Ways to resolve QuickBooks payroll error 15215?
What leads to the multi-user mode issues in QuickBooks?
There can be a couple of factors causing the multi user mode error, which include the following:
- QuickBooks not installed on the server
- Or the host settings are not properly configured
- Also, firewall or antivirus software is not allowing communication between user systems
- Database server is unable to open the company file
- Or the windows file permissions are not properly set
Steps to Solve QuickBooks Multi-User Mode not Working issue
Use QuickBooks database server manager
In order to fix the error, the user can use the QuickBooks database server manager. The steps involved in the process are:
- First of all, open QuickBooks database server manager in the server system by typing in database in the Start menu
- And then, in case you are unable to find no folder locations, make sure to use browse to go the folder storing company file.
- After that hit OK tab and click on Scan Now
The user can also use the QuickBooks file doctor tool to fix the error. This tool will analyse whether the system is properly set up for using multi user mode or not
Once you have implemented the above steps, the error might not trouble you anymore. But, if it persists, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team at 1-800-761-1787, and they will guide you the way through this.