TopicHow to Fix QuickBooks Error 80029c4a (Error Loading Type Library/DLL)?
While trying to open QuickBooks or a company file, the user might end up in the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a. This error can also be seen when a company file has been damaged or corrupted. This is basically a run-time error, and it is caused due to many factors. There can be various other factors causing such an error. If you are also facing any such error, then reading this post would help in fixing the issue with much ease.
The below listed can be the error messages as pops-up on the desktop screen, when error 80029c4a occurs:
You may also see: What file types and extensions used by QuickBooks desktop?
“Problem: There was an unexpected error reported when trying to run QuickBooks with company file.”
“Error Code: 80029c4a. Description: Error loading type library / DLL”
After this the users have to click on the OK button post which they get another error message which says:
“QuickBooks couldn’t load a system component. Restarting your computer might solve the problem. Error type: 80029c4a – Can’t load dynamic link library (DLL)”
However, if you feel the need of any sort of technical assistance, feel free to connect with QuickBooks desktop support team at 1-800-761-1787. Their certified accounting professionals will ensure to provide the best possible support services.
What leads to QuickBooks error code 80029c4a?
The user can face such an error, due to below factors:
- In case the QuickBooks component doesn’t start properly or the DLL files are missing or corrupted
- QuickBooks desktop files are corrupted or missing
- Or the company file is corrupted or unable to locate when users try to open the software
- The antivirus defender has incorrect marked a QuickBooks desktop file as being infected with several trojan or viruses
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks pro software
- This error is seen when windows start-up or shutdown
Steps to Resolve Error 80029c4a when opening QuickBooks Desktop
To resolve this error from your QuickBooks, follow the below given solution methods in sequence:
Solution 1: Repair your Windows
The user can perform a windows repair on QuickBooks and fix the error. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The user will first have to close the QuickBooks desktop
- After that, click on windows tab
- And open the control panel on the system
- Also, click on uninstall or change program
- The next step is to select QuickBooks in the list of the programs
- Now, click on uninstall/change program
- After that click on next
- And opt for repair radio tab and click on next
- The user will then have to tap on the repair tab at the bottom
- After the repair process ends, click on finish tab
Solution 2: Check your antivirus settings
At times, it might happen that the antivirus programs accidentally block QuickBooks from loading essential files. The user needs to check the area of the program that lists blocked files (sometimes called your “quarantine”). The user needs to refer to the antivirus program for how to set the permissions or use these links if you’re a Norton or McAfee user.
In case the user spots of the programs listed below in the quarantine, then he/she will have to give permission to go through the firewall.
Note:The point to be noted here is that most of the these files are located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year). Also, the files with (x86) in the location, are 64- bit versions.
The QuickBooks error code 80029c4acould be resolved by the steps mentioned above, but if in case the error persists, you can get in touch with QuickBooks error support numberi.e. 1-800-761-1787. All the accounting experts and certified professionals will ensure to provide you with immediate technical assistance.